The City of Garden Ridge entered Stage 1 water restrictions (click to view) on July 5, 2022.
Due to the ongoing drought conditions, the City of Garden Ridge will enter Stage 2 water restrictions (click to view) on Friday, August 5, 2022.
- Water waste is prohibited to include, allowing water to run off onto a gutter, ditch, drain, into the street, or failing to repair a controllable leak.
- Watering with an irrigation system or sprinkler, permitted only once a week on the designated watering day during the hours of 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
|LAST DIGIT OF ADDRESS||DAY|
|1 & 2||Tuesday|
|3 & 4||Wednesday|
|5 & 6||Thursday|
|7 & 8||Friday|
|Areas without a street address, such as medians, neighborhood entryways|
or common areas water as if their address ended in a 2.
- Watering with drip irrigation or a 5-gallon bucket permitted during the hours of 4 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. any day.
- Watering with a handheld hose permitted any day, any time.
- Residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural Edwards Aquifer water users should reduce water consumption by any means available.
- Washing impervious cover such as parking lots, driveways, streets, or sidewalks is prohibited.
- Non-commercial washing of vehicles and mobile equipment (e.g. washing vehicles at a residence) is permitted any day at any time over landscape or other surface where run off is minimized and with the use of a hose using an automatic shut-off nozzle or bucket of 5 gallons or less.
- No building permits will be issued for the construction of new swimming pools. The City Administrator may grant a variance for the construction of a swimming pool with proof that water for construction and filling of the pool will be brought in from a water source outside of the City.
This does not apply to non- potable water, gray water, or treated effluent.
Stage 2 restrictions continue until there is an announcement that Stage 2 has been canceled or that Stage 3 is in effect.