The Garden Ridge Library will not host any events in May; however, our dedicated Library Staff is happy to announce that curbside service is here!
REMINDER: ALL BOOKS THAT WERE CHECKED OUT BEFORE MARCH 13, WHEN WE CLOSED THE LIBRARY, WERE GIVEN A NEW DUE DATE OF MAY 1. THEY ARE DUE ON OR BEFORE THAT DATE. THERE ARE NO RENEWALS SINCE YOU’VE HAD 48 DAYS TO READ THEM.
CHECK OUT PROCESS:
- Go to the online catalog by clicking here: Catalog
- Select the books you wish to read. Choose enough books to last 3 weeks so that you won’t have to make as many trips. *The May Book Club books are checked out for only one week (The Dutch House and We Are all Welcome Here).
- On the catalog page: If the book is highlighted in a green color, it is available, but if it’s light red, it is currently checked out. You may wish to place a reserve on it.
- You may use the catalog reserve page for your books, but we actually prefer a phone call or email. That way your order will not get shoved to the bottom of the list. Call 210-651-6570 or Click Here to Email the Library. Your selections will be given priority in the order they arrive.
- We will do our best to process the order on the same day, so if you aren’t ready to pick it up that day, please wait until the day you wish to retrieve it.
- Patrons will be sent an email with a pickup time appointment. Let us know if you can’t be here at that approximate time.
- The books will be placed in a plastic bag with your name on it on a table outside the front of the Library. If someone fails to pick up their selections, the books will be checked in and placed back on the shelf. You will then need to start over.
In order to prevent possible contamination on the handle, the drop box is locked. Instead, there is a bin where your returns must be placed.
We are making every effort to keep the Library and books as clean and germ-free as possible. Once a book is returned, it will be placed in a commercial sterilizer. It utilizes U-V rays and ozone, the same cleansers used in hospitals. The Librarians will use gloves to transfer the books from the bin to the sterilizer. Many libraries use only alcohol-based wipes, but we go one step deeper into any possible decontamination. The bin that is used to bring the books inside will be cleaned with bleach water. As an added safety measure, the books – even though they have been sterilized – will be placed in quarantine for two days before checking them out to someone else. The Librarians will use disposable gloves to carry your book bundles to the table, and the table will be cleaned frequently with an alcohol-based solution.
If you wish to donate books, please bring them in a box or bag and place them under the table. We ask you to NOT place them loosely on the table.
BE THOUGHTFUL! Please think of others by washing your hands before reading a book and by not coughing or sneezing into it. We appreciate your understanding and support during these unprecedented circumstances, and we hope to welcome you to the Library again very soon!