To view the City of Garden Ridge Calendar click here.
Beginning Monday, May 18
the library will be open from 10:00 am till 4:00 pm
The Librarians will still be here till 5:00 pm, but we would like the opportunity to clean all the surfaces in order to be ready for the following day.
Unfortunately, we aren’t able to begin classes yet, but hope that will follow shortly.
You may check books out without fear. We have thoroughly sterilized the books, plus placed them in isolation for more time. (SEE our system below).
There is more information at the bottom about electronic books and online classes.
We are not accepting book and dvd donations at this time.
if you feel unable or unwilling to enter the library,
Curbside Service Is still available
CHECK OUT PROCESS:
- Patrons will go to the online catalog at the top of this page.
- Select the books you wish to read. Choose enough books to last 3 weeks so that you won’t have to make as many trips. *The May Book Club books are checked out for only one week (The Dutch House and We Are all Welcome Here).
- On the catalog page: If the book is highlighted in a green color, it is available, but if it’s light red, it is currently checked out. You may wish to place a reserve on it.
- You may use the catalog reserve page for your books, but we actually prefer a phone call or email. That way your order will not get shoved to the bottom of the list. 210-651-6570; email@example.com. Your selections will be given priority in the order they arrive.
- We will do our best to process the order on the same day, so if you aren’t ready to pick it up that day, please wait until the day you wish to retrieve it.
- Patrons will be sent an email with a pickup time appointment. Let us know if you can’t be here at that approximate time.
- The books will be placed in a plastic bag with your name on it on a table outside the front of the Library. If someone fails to pick up their selections, the books will be checked in and placed back on the shelf. You will then need to start over.
We are making every effort to keep the Library and books as clean and germ-free as possible. Once a book is returned, it will be placed in a commercial sterilizer. It utilizes U-V rays and ozone, the same cleansers used in hospitals. Linda and Wendy will use gloves to transfer the books from the bin to the sterilizer. Many libraries use only alcohol-based wipes, but we go one step deeper into any possible decontamination. The bin that is used to bring the books inside will be cleaned with bleach water. As an added safety measure, the books – even though they have been sterilized – will be placed in quarantine for two days before checking them out to someone else.
The librarians will use disposable gloves to carry your book bundles to the table, and the table will be cleaned frequently with an alcohol-based solution.
Please think of others by washing your hands before reading a book and by not coughing or sneezing into it.
We appreciate your understanding and support during these unprecedented circumstances, and we hope to welcome you to the Library again very soon!
We are a member of the Lone Star Consortium of electronic books. Go to the link below for help in downloading it.
There is another app called SimplyE that you may use as well. If you haven’t used it yet, here are simple instructions:
- Download the SimplyE app from the Apple or Google Play store
- Open the app
- Find your library
- Search or browse for ebooks and audiobooks
- Click on “Get” when you find the title you want
- The first time only, you must type in your library barcode number and PIN (phone number) without spaces or dashes; this information is now saved
- Read (or listen) and enjoy!
I hope this helps! SimplyE of Amigos continues to be available to you if you need help – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Another wonderful resource comes from Tumblebooks. This company reached out to all libraries offering free electronic books until August 31. Please use them! The address is below in case you wish to write a thank you note.
www.TumbleBookLibrary.com - K-6 children’s ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.tumblebooklibrary.com/auto_login.aspx?U=tumble735&P=books
www.TumbleMath.com - K-6 math ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.tumblemath.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
www.TeenBookCloud.com - gr 7-12 ebook database
Direct Link: https://www.teenbookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
www.AudioBookCloud.com - all ages audio book database
Direct Link: https://www.audiobookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
www.RomanceBookCloud.com - a huge collection of steamy Romance novels for the older crowd!
Direct Link: https://www.romancebookcloud.com/autologin.aspx?U=tumble2020&P=A3b5c6
TumbleBooks’ databases are easy to use and feature unlimited access from home! Your patrons can read as many books as they want, when they want, and on any device. There are no check-outs, holds, or bulky downloads. Books are available instantly.
Your access will continue until August 31, 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions/concerns.
Tumbleweed Press Inc.
1560 Avenue Road, Suite 300
There are some online storytime links for your preschool children. You might find some fun and entertaining ones here: