To view the City of Garden Ridge Calendar click here.
Summer reading is just around the corner!
Sign up June 3, 1:00-3:00 pm
and enjoy an Ice Cream Float
We offer the following programs
- First Monday, Adult Game Night, 6:00 pm
- Tuesdays, Northside Knitters, 10:00 am
- Tuesdays, Lego Robotics, 3:15 - 4:15 pm; the last day will be May 11
- 2nd Tuesdays, Card-making for Troops, 12:00 noon
- 3rd Tuesdays, Card-Making (adults) - 1:00 pm
- Wednesdays, Regular Legos Club, 3:15-4:15 pm, Build a different project each week; the last day will be May 12
- Thursdays, Coding, "Learn Scratch from Scratch," 3:15-4:15 pm, Scratch is a drag-and-drop program which teaching children how to make games, videos, and websites. The last day will be May 13
- Thursdays, Adult Coloring - 1:00 pm
- Fridays, Preschool Storytime, 10:30 am and Stay and Play, immediately following
- 1st Saturdays, Tech Day, 10:00 am-12:30 pm, Explore the wonderful technology available including Lego Robotics, Coding by Scratch, AWE Computers, Cricut Machine
if you feel unable or unwilling to enter the library, we will take books to your car
We are making every effort to keep the Library and books as clean and germ-free as possible. Once a book is returned, it will be placed in a commercial sterilizer. It utilizes U-V rays and ozone, the same cleansers used in hospitals. Linda and Wendy will use gloves to transfer the books from the bin to the sterilizer. Many libraries use only alcohol-based wipes, but we go one step deeper into any possible decontamination. The bin that is used to bring the books inside will be cleaned with bleach water. As an added safety measure, the books – even though they have been sterilized – will be placed in quarantine for two days before checking them out to someone else.
The librarians will use disposable gloves to carry your book bundles to the table, and the table will be cleaned frequently with an alcohol-based solution.
Please think of others by washing your hands before reading a book and by not coughing or sneezing into it.
We appreciate your understanding and support during these unprecedented circumstances, and we hope to welcome you to the Library again very soon!
We are a member of the Lone Star Consortium of electronic books. Go to the link below for help in downloading it.
There is another app called SimplyE that you may use as well. If you haven’t used it yet, here are simple instructions:
- Download the SimplyE app from the Apple or Google Play store
- Open the app
- Find your library
- Search or browse for ebooks and audiobooks
- Click on “Get” when you find the title you want
- The first time only, you must type in your library barcode number and PIN (phone number) without spaces or dashes; this information is now saved
- Read (or listen) and enjoy!
I hope this helps! SimplyE of Amigos continues to be available to you if you need help – firstname.lastname@example.org.