Garbage & Recycling
On July 17th, City Council unanimously approved a new waste/recycling collection contract with Republic Services. The contract continues with our waste collection twice per week and our recycling collection once per week. Your current weekly schedule for waste and recycling collection will remain the same for the new contract. However, we'll now switch from rear-load to side-load collection. As we implement this contract, here is what you can expect:
Household Residential Collection
- Household residential garbage collection is provided twice weekly for paying customers who reside inside the city limits.
Tuesday and Friday garbage collection
Friday recycling collection
Monday and Thursday garbage collection
Thursday recycling collection
- Solid waste is collected from commercial firms on an "as needed basis" ranging from twice to four times weekly.
Trash & Recycling Holidays
No trash or recycling will be collected on the listed holidays. Instead, it will be collected the following day.
- New Year’s Day - January 1
- Thanksgiving Day - last Thursday in November
- Christmas Day - December 25
For the convenience of Garden Ridge residents, the City of Garden Ridge and Republic Services provides roll-off dumpsters for the disposal of brush, metal, wood, appliances that are certified Freon free, and other items. View the accepted materials here. No commercial or contractor disposal allowed. Proof of residency is required. The disposal site is located off Municipal Parkway.
For 2024, the bulk dumpster schedule will change to the 2nd and 3rd Saturday and Sunday of each month, with reduced hours on Sundays.