- Feature Links
- Garbage & Recycling
Garbage & Recycling
Garbage and recycling collection and disposal services are provided by Republic Services at a monthly rate of $24.56 plus tax for residential service. Curbside garbage collection is twice weekly and curbside recycling collection is once per week. Your location in the city determines the collection days for garbage and recycling.
For service, complete the garbage service agreement.
- Tuesday and Friday curbside garbage collection
- Friday curbside recycling collection
- Residences located in the area within FM 3009, FM 2252, Bat Cave Road, and Schoenthal Road
- Monday and Thursday curbside garbage collection
- Thursday curbside recycling collection
- Residences located in the areas outside of FM 3009, FM 2252, Bat Cave Road, and Schoenthal Road
Trash & Recycling Holidays
No trash or recycling will be picked up on the following holiday in 2017:
- Fourth of July - July 4, 2017
- Thanksgiving Day - November 23, 2017
- Christmas Day - December 25, 2017
Dumpsters for the Disposal of Brush, Metal, Wood, Appliances, Furniture
Republic Services provides roll-off dumpsters for the disposal of brush, metal, wood, appliances and furniture six times yearly for the convenience of Garden Ridge residents only. No commercial or contractor disposal allowed. Proof of residency is required. The disposal site is located off Municipal Parkway on the following scheduled dates from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Household Hazardous Waste
The City of Garden Ridge 2018 Household Hazardous Waste Disposal and Spring Clean Up Event is scheduled for Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 8:00AM to 2:00PM.
This year paper shredding services will be a separate event and will be held on May 12, 2018 from 9:00AM to 12:00PM.
These EVENTS ARE annual event for Garden Ridge residents ONLY.
Bagged Leaves, Grass & Twigs
Reasonable amounts of yard waste can be disposed of curbside consisting of bagged leaves, grass, and bundled brush and branches. Bundles should not exceed four feet in length and 35 pounds in weight