Open Records Request
Open Records Request
The Office of the City Secretary is the administrative agency responsible for the care and maintenance of all City of Garden Ridge records (legal transactions; City Council and Commission minutes, agendas, ordinances, resolutions, and contracts; and a vast array of other historical and regulatory information).
All requests for public information are treated uniformly. Once the request is submitted, it will be reviewed to determine if the information is deemed public. If the information is public, then the information will be processed and sent out in a timely manner. A response to the request will be issued within 10 business days. Minutes, ordinances, and agendas are considered public information.
Effective September 1, 2019, pursuant to section 552.234 of the Government Code, a person may make a request for public information ONLY by delivering the request by one of the following methods to the City Secretary or their designee: United States mail, electronic mail, hand delivery, or submission through the City's website. While there is no strict form required to request public information, there are certain guidelines that must be met. The following tips can help you make a successful Public Information Act request:
- Your request must be in writing to the City Secretary. Only written requests delivered to the City Secretary of their designee trigger our obligations under the Public Information Act. (open records request form)
- Your request should be for documents or other information that is already in existence. Governmental bodies are not required to answer questions, perform legal research, create new information in response to your public information request, or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic basis as such information is prepared in the future.
- Written requests may be mailed or hand-delivered to:
City of Garden Ridge
ATTN: City Secretary
9400 Municipal Pkwy.
Garden Ridge, TX 78266
- Email the open records request form to City Secretary
- Complete and Submit Online.
For more information, contact the City Secretary at (210) 651-6632.