Utility Billing/Sign Up for Service

Utility Billing

The City of Garden Ridge Utility Billing Department is responsible for billing and collection of:

  • Water
  • Household Hazardous Waste
  • Trash
  • Comal Trinity Groundwater
  • EAA Monthly Fee

We strive to provide accurate and timely services to our residents of Garden Ridge for billing questions, concerns, connections, and transfers. 

revoke automatic draft form

Effective September 10, 2019, the City Council approved to implement the Water Rates approved in September 2015 for the previous billing cycle of July 22 to August 22. Accounts with Automatic Draft Payments will be charged on September 15, 2019 as based on the initial bill received. Once the new bill is issued, a credit will automatically appear on the utility account for the difference in the bills and applied to the next bill.

If you wish to NOT have your automatic draft pulled from your checking/saving bank account this month, please fill out the form below and return it to City Hall or email it the Utility Clerk no later than 10am Thursday, September 12, 2019. The new bill will be issued, and it is your responsibility to ensure a timely payment.

Automatic Draft Revoke Form

Several ways to pay your bill:

Billing arrangement plan

The City of Garden Ridge offers a 4 month arrangement plan for your utility bill. You can complete the form in person at City Hall or email a completed form to the Utility Clerk. The form is available through the link below. 

Arrangement Plan 

An example of how to fill out the form is shown below. You can calculate the monthly payment based off your "Remaining Balance" divided by 4. 

payment plan pic

Request / Change Service / Cancel service

To sign up for water and garbage services you will need to do this in person at City Hall.  You will need to complete an application and provide a copy of your drivers licenses.  A New Customer Packet full of information about the City of Garden Ridge will be provided to you as well. 

If you are changing service locations within the City or cancelling service, you will need to do this in person and your driver license is required.

Water Service Application           Trash Service Application


  1. Denise Bissell

    Utility Clerk
    Phone: (210) 651-6831